An article from author & blogger Roni Loren is prompting big changes in the blogosphere. Roni was sued over a copyrighted image she posted on her blog and her story has become a cautionary tale. You’ve probably noticed the absence of Man Candy photos on many of your favorite sites… and this one is not immune. The Man Candy slideshow is gone, along with my Free Pass List (which, by the way, was my most popular blog post of all time.) There will be no more Tumblr Photos of the Week, though you can still enjoy hot men on the Tumblr site any time you need your fix. I will work to find creative solutions, nowhere more so than here at 5 for Friday. Let’s see what we can do.
5. With all the excitement surrounding Lover At Last, I feel like I’ve been neglecting JR Ward’s next Fallen Angel release, Rapture. I’m really excited about this one, especially to see the aftermath of the Bad Thing that happened with Eddie in the last book. She has put up a little video teaser on her Facebook page, which I have tried valiantly –an unsuccessfully– to embed for the past hour. If you want to see, click the screen grab and it will link you out.
Rapture releases September 25.
P.S. Ward has now posted the first line of Lover At Last: “Now THAT is a motherf**kin’ whip!” Be still my heart.
4. I know I have been bombarding you with squee about the upcoming Styxx book for weeks now –and I swear this is the last time I am going to talk about it (until I talk about it again.) The book blurb is out!!
I love, love, love that Kenyon is writing this book. Even if I have to wait until next year. In the meantime, for League fans, SK has posted an excerpt to Cloak & Silence on her website. That’s out in December.
3. I’m sad to say that I am late to the Moira Rogers party. I just read my first book from them a few weeks ago, and now I must make up for lost time. I am almost finished with the Bloodhounds series and I have Impulse and Wild Card loaded on the Nook, ready to read. If you, too, want to get your Moira Rogers fix, it’s a great time. Wild Card is free on Amazon! Anyone want to do a read-along?
2. NBC has ordered 10 episodes of a new Dracula drama, starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Generally, this would be the time I would trot out one of those pictures I am not supposed to post. Instead, let’s watch Jonny-boy on YouTube together.
Now let’s pretend he has fangs. It’s being produced by Carnival Films & Television… the folks behind Downtown Abbey. I am intrigued. Which means it will no doubt be canceled in about five minutes.
1. For a minute, it looked like Matt Bomer was the man for the 50 Shades movie. At least, this Entertainment Weekly cover seemed to be the real deal. (I am crying over the fact that I can’t post it right here.) However, the photo has been debunked as a hoax.
I have to admit… they had me convinced. I am so easy. I think I would watch it if Bomber were cast.