This week has kicked my ass. I still have not recovered from my rocking weekend in New Orleans. I got home Sunday night –which was also my daughter’s birthday– and after groceries, homework, laundry, etc, I made it to bed around 1:30. I was back up at 6:30, getting the kids ready for school and jumping back into the work week. A smart person would have taken Monday off. Clearly, I am not a smart person. I am, however, slowly getting back into my regular schedule of books, Twitter, and dirty-man Tumblr. The Gods are smiling on me.
5. While I was away, the lovely Patty Briggs revealed the cover for her next Mercy Thompson book, Frost Burned.
With the werewolves fighting a political battle to gain acceptance from the public, Mercy fears Adam’s disappearance may be related – and that he and the pack are in serious danger. Outclassed and on her own, Mercy may be forced to seek assistance from the most unlikely of allies: the vampire seethe.
I am really excited to read this one. I can’t wait to see the repercussions from the end of the last Alpha & Omega book. It’s going to be awesome. Frost Burned comes out March 5th.
4. Amanda Carlson was one of the lovely authors I met at AAD last week. Her debut, Full Blooded is out in September. (More on that in a bit.) She’s already got cover art for book two, Hot Blooded.
Ewa de Cruz is so gorgeous. I want to look like her in my next life. Hot Blooded releases in April 2013. To win your very own copy of Full Blooded, fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
3. Everyone tells me that Downtown Abbey is must-see-tv. Unfortunately, I missed all the buzz until season two was almost over. But the trailer is out for season three and now I am wondering if I should jump on the bandwagon. Do I need to rent seasons one and two? Give me some deets on the appeal.
(The site hosting the season three trailer took it down. This video has clips from season two.)
2. It’s about time. The Price is Right is inviting a male model to Come on Down. The show is doing a casting call to become the show’s first male showcase model. A web series will document the casting process. I don’t know about you, but I think this is long overdue. Who doesn’t want to see a hot dude openly caressing a washing-machine or some luggage?
|Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos|
1. And this one little piece of random. It may not be politically correct, but I will go to my grave loving this song. Check out Baby Got Back, Sung by the Movies.
Hope your weekend rocks.
P.S. I have no idea how to work this link into today’s post, but when I read the article, I laughed so hard that I cried and my stomach hurt. I have to share it. (Warning – Potty Humor)